CECFC provides students with textbooks for high school and college classes on our high school campus and offers a reimbursement program for off-campus textbooks, if they are not available in the CECFC bookstore. Please take care of the books you are provided. (As always, borrowing or renting your textbooks is preferred.)
Required + Borrow from CECFC = FREE
Required + Rented = Reimbursements after October 9, 2017
Required + Purchased = December Reimbursement
- WHAT BOOKS/MATERIALS ARE REQUIRED? Go to the bookstore website of the college you are taking classes from. Enter the term, the course prefix, and the course number/section of the courses you are taking (e.g. Fall 2017 ENG 121-602). You can enter multiple courses. You can then PRINT your list of course materials. Save this list to submit later for reimbursement.
- Note: Both required AND optional books and access codes will be listed. CEC will ONLY reimburse for REQUIRED materials.
- BORROW OR RENT YOUR BOOKS
- BEST option: With your ISBN number(s), submit a CECFC Bookstore Request to see if you can borrow your book for FREE from CEC.
- OTHER options: With your ISBN number(s), search other book rental sites (amazon.com; chegg.com; valore.com; bn.com) for the cheapest rental prices. Follow the rental checklist below.
- If a book or access code cannot be rented: When you absolutely cannot find a book available for rent, you may purchase it, knowing it will cost you more dollars from your voucher. Access codes may always be purchased.
- HOW TO GET REIMBURSED
- Submit for rental and access code reimbursement at bit.ly/cecfctextbooks NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2017
- Purchased books will be bought back for full purchase price at our textbook buyback dates at the end of the semester (original receipt required).
Textbook reimbursement is only available to students with remaining voucher dollars.
- Search for required course materials – see Step 1 above.
- Print the materials list from the college bookstore website. You will need the 13-digit ISBN number for all textbooks.
- Borrow for FREE from CEC if possible – see Step 2 above.
- Search book rental websites for the cheapest rental prices.
- Select the 125-day rental term.
- Choose free or standard shipping.
- Save the delivery packages for your return!
- Print and save your receipts, whether your rent or buy.
- Don’t highlight or write in the rented books.
- Return the books at the end of the semester.
- Follow the terms and conditions of the rental websites.
Ready to be reimbursed?
(or buy an access code or consumable manual)
(online- for rentals, access codes, and consumables)
Mark your calendars for Buyback Days!
December (Dates/Times TBA)
Bring your book and receipt- leave with a check.