Fall 2020 Testing
The structure of Fall semester testing for Spring classes will be announced closer to the testing period (October-November). Remote testing will continue to be offered for students who are not joining us on campus this semester and during fully remote days.
If you have any questions about Accuplacer, please contact Emily Park (Emily.Park@coloradoearlycolleges.org) for clarifications.
How Does ACCUPLACER Work?
Thanks to ACCUPLACER’s online format, the test questions are based on your responses to each question you’ve already answered. Questions increase or decrease in difficulty, depending on your answers, as you work through the test. It’s important to give yourself enough time to do your best and complete the test because your results are the key factor in determining the courses you can take. Your results will be available immediately after you take the test.
- ACCUPLACER is a suite of computer-adaptive placement tests that quickly, accurately, and efficiently assess arithmetic, algebra, reading comprehension, writing and sentence skills.
- All students are required to take the Basic ACCUPLACER test as part of the CECFC enrollment process unless the student:
- has taken the ACT and has earned scores that satisfy the pre-requisites for college courses OR
- has successfully completed college level English and math. (ACT and/or transcripts must accompany the enrollment packet to be waived from taking the ACCUPLACER test.)
- The Basic ACCUPLACER is used as a placement test—not an entrance exam--and does not directly affect a student's eligibility for acceptance.
- ACCUPLACER must be proctored by a qualified CECFC staff member on the CECFC campus unless the student has taken the required ACCUPLACER tests on a college campus within the last five years.
Download a FREE study app go to Accuplacer Free App