To report absence or tardiness, notify the school early in the day by calling the attendance line at 970.689.3294 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All CECFC students are expected to attend school daily and to arrive punctually. Frequent absences undermine the sequential and incremental nature of the Colorado Early Colleges Fort Collins curriculum for the student; in addition, they place burdens on the teachers who must arrange for makeup work. Late arrivals disrupt the classroom schedule.
EFFORT Grade: Timeliness, Preparedness and Participation
Attending class, arriving to class on time, coming prepared to class and actively participating in each class period is critical for a student’s success in a course. The student is responsible for attending class as the student is responsible for the lectures, class discussions, participation and any other related course material.
Students are permitted 5 unexcused absences (UA) per course, per semester, penalty-free. Six UA's will result in a course grade reduction of 5%. Seven UA's result in a 6% reduction. Eight UA's result in a 7% reduction, etc. Adjuncts have the right to follow FRCC or Aims CC campus policies on absences. Please thoroughly read the syllabus for the absence/attendance policy for all enrolled courses.
Students who are late to class will be marked tardy until 10 minutes into class time. After 10 minutes, the student will be marked absent (unexcused - UA).
Three unexcused tardies in a single course will equal one unexcused absence and the student can receive a staff assigned detention if the instructor deems appropriate. The student may be assigned one hour of detention.
*If tardies persist, additional unexcused absences (and grade reductions) will be assigned. Additionally, a write up is possible.
Excused absences include:
- Illness - with healthcare provider note (notes need to be turned in to the attendance office within one business week of original absence).
- Illness that occurs during the school day excused through the health office
- Injury resulting in temporary physical disability (must be documented by a health care provider).
- Mental/Emotional Disability (must be documented by a health care provider).
- Legal Circumstance (must be documented by a judicial or attorney's office).
- Participation in CHSAA sports (must turn in CHSSA sports form - available on the school website - along with sports schedule. Parents must notify the school of sports absences).
- Family emergency (with prior approval)
- Religious holiday (submit religious holiday dates on a calendar with student's name)
Students have 1 business week to turn in documentation for excused absences from the first day of their return to school.
Students are expected to obtain an Early Dismissal Pass from the Front Desk, and parents are to notify the school if the student must leave during the school day.